As kids of the 80s we have all the time been drawn to the sound of barely out-of-tune synths, heat tape saturation, gritty samples and grainy reverbs. So we set out on a mission to seize the lofi spirit of our favourite decade — and convey it into a brand new decade.
Meet a fancy algorithm with eight easy knobs. We named it ‘Tremendous’ for its powers and ‘VHS’ for its sound.
Six distinctive ‘one-knob’ results impressed by the VHS-era.
● STATIC — Static noise generated by an internal synthesizer
● HEAT — ‘Analog tape’ saturator, impressed by consumer-grade tape machines
● SHAPE — Pattern charge reducer impressed by Nineteen Eighties 8-bit samplers
● MAGIC — Widening FX impressed by the Juno refrain, however darker and deeper
● DRIFT — Pitch fluctuation LFO for unpredictable time and pitch shifting
● WASH — ‘Dangerous corridor’ reverb impressed by finances pleasant 1980s rack units